We specialize in the administration and design of Small Business Networks
- Assess company needs
- Plan for internal or off-site expansion – local and wide area connections
- Plan for server performance and capacity
- Plan for backup and recovery
- Plan for virus protection and spam filtering
- Plan network layout and connectivity
- Plan installation of premise wiring or wireless connectivity – see Infrastructure Services
- Plan Internet connectivity – DSL, Cable, T1
- Define a Budget – Meeting a realistic goal is essential in helping small business
- Diagram your completed network for easy understanding
Server Operating Systems
Microsoft® Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials
Essentials is for companies with fewer then 25 users. It provides an easy to use Dashboard to facilitate adding computers to the domain, setting up new users and creating network shares.
Microsoft® Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
Standard allows for as many users as needed through Client Access Licenses (CALs). Full Windows Server functionality with licensing for two virtual servers.
This option allows you to have one physical server and yet run multiple servers for your company, thereby reducing costs for hardware. For example, you can have an Exchange server, File server and an application server, like Goldmine or Sage, all running on the same box. Disaster recovery is made easy with whole server backup and restore to new hardware.
The cloud is always in reach with both on-line backup, Exchange services and Office 365. We have partnered with Carbonite and Intronis to provide on-line backup options. As Microsoft partners we can set up Exchange on-line services for all your e-mail needs. And for cheaper then you might think.
Migration from Small Business Server (SBS)
Several small businesses, including our clients, have used SBS for several years until Microsoft had discontinued it. We can migrate you to a new server with the services your company needs.